So, how do you know what to do and when to refresh in your kitchen – and how do you know what to change it to?
InspirationOne good way to get inspired about what you can do in your kitchen in 2020 is to visit a London showroom. The showroom will give an example of how latest kitchens look as well as give you the opportunity to talk through your ideas with an expert kitchen designer.
Adding a bespoke kitchen to your home is an enormous change. However, it would be a change that would revolutionise your kitchen, alongside being a brilliant investment.
FurnitureMaybe your existing kitchen furniture is looking tired and out-dated and isn’t quite working as it should be. Here you have a few options:
- Invest in some good quality furniture which will transform your kitchen style. Make it unique to you and your needs and give your whole kitchen a lift.
- Repair any functional problems. You could think about fixing broken hinges, filling and painting scratches or dents, resurfacing stained worktops, or giving outdated cupboards a lick of paint – and a whole new life.
- The modern London kitchen is often about creating sleek lines and offering plenty of storage space, but you could also think about replacing old cupboards with increasingly popular open shelving.
DecorationChanging your kitchen decoration is one of the simplest ways that you can refresh your kitchen and give it a lift. Whether it is in painting the walls, changing tiling, or simply changing the handles on your kitchen cupboards.
- Modern kitchen colour trends in 2020 are heading towards egg-shell and dusky colours, as well as contrasts between dark blue and yellow.
- Featured splashbacks or tiling are also becoming increasingly popular – and they are a great way to keep your kitchen clean! Think contrasting colours, geometric shapes, and lighting to really accentuate your splashbacks.
- As previously mentioned, a 2020 kitchen uses much more open shelving which allows you to show off your best crockery instead of hiding it away inside a cupboard. We are also seeing a rise in the popularity of open, hanging storage for mugs, pots and pans.
- Lighting is also very important in the modern kitchen. Low energy lights can be fitted to make your kitchen more environmentally friendly. Place them under your kitchen cabinets to allow you to see your culinary creations properly. Changing your main lights can change the mood of your kitchen.
TechnologyIncorporating the latest technology into your kitchen is another way that you can improve the way that it works for you. The very nature of technology means that there are always new ideas which can improve your experience in the kitchen – both in a culinary way, but also in changing how you organize your life.
Technology that is becoming more popular in London kitchens includes boiling water taps, smart kettles, and smart ovens. The incorporation of virtual assistants is becoming more commonplace and smart fridges can help to keep you up to date with your food stocks, allowing you to be organised with your shopping and ensure that you don’t run out of anything.
Technology means that we can be more organised with our recycling management, turn the kettle or oven on remotely from our mobile devices, and enjoy self-cleaning ovens – making life easier and less tedious! You can also install stands for tablets that display recipes.
If you are not enjoying spending your time in your kitchen you know that it is time to refresh it. A kitchen should be a place where you enjoy spending time, feel inspired to create something delicious, and you feel comfortable. A new or spruced up kitchen is the ideal way to get this.